Tuesday 15 November 2016

A visit to the KTO Seoul Office

Hello everyone!! My evening class was cancelled, and I feel like blogging, so here's the second instalment of my Chuseok holidays~

On Thursday, 15th September 2016, me and my friends decided to go to Korea Tourism Organisation Seoul Office, located near Jonggak Station. I stumbled upon a few events that KTO was holding at their office during Chuseok, soooo we thought, why not?

I was sold when I saw the word 'free' LOL
As the poster stated, there was the hanbok experience where you can try traditional Korean clothes, silk drawing experience and traditional game experience. When we first reached the place at around 11am, we went up to the hanbok experience floor, located on the 5th floor of the KTO building. We knew there was going to be a lot of people at this hanbok experience.... and our instincts were right. There were a lot of people already there, who have their hanbok on. We had to make a reservation, and we managed to get the 1pm slot. So yeah, we had 2 hours to kill.

While waiting for our turn to try the hanbok on, we went to the silk drawing experience, where we could paint on silk. We were given a sample of how the drawing is supposed to look like. And all we had to do was to colour in the drawing with watercolour. It was a nice experience because I felt like I was in primary school all over again... and plus... it was freeeeeeee. :P


I didn't manage to try the traditional games though, because there were a lot of kids there. Besides, I played most of the games at Namsangol Hanok Village the day before.. so yup LOL.

After painting the silk picture, we decided to roam around the KTO building. Honestly, everything and anything you ever need on information about Korea is located here.

On the 2nd floor, there's literally EVERYTHING here:
- tourist information centre where you can get brochures
- a VR (virtual reality) experience zone of famous tourist attractions in Korea
- a cafe
- hallyu tourism zone where you can take a picture with your favourite K-Pop stars hehe
- medical tourist information centre
- Muslim prayer rooms!!!! They have separate prayer rooms for the gents and ladies. Also, they even have wudhu areas in the room itself, so this is a win!

On the 3rd floor, there's a food exhibition hall where you can see displays of Korean foods. We didn't enter this place though.. but this place is free to enter!

On the 4th floor, there's a place where you can cook Korean food and eat it afterwards! However this experience costs 10,000won if I'm not wrong. Also, there are specific times for this experience, so it's best that you come in early and book in for this experience. We didn't try the experience since it wasn't free LOL.

On the 5th floor, there's a marketplace where you can buy artworks, food, and anything Korean-related here. The stuff here was quite expensive so we just looked around.

The clock strikes 1pm and it was time for me and my friends to FINALLY put on our hanbok! Since there were a lot of people, we only had half an hour to wear the hanbok and roam around Cheongyecheon Stream. I reckon it was more than enough time to take pictures! Anyway, I'll just let the pictures do the talking :)



The location of our photoshoot: Cheongyecheon Stream LOL


Oh and by the way! The free hanbok experience is valid until the end of 2016, so if you're going to be in Seoul, you should definitely go for this experience!

That's it for this post. The third instalment to my Chuseok holidays will be coming up soon, so stay tuned! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment