Monday 7 November 2016

2018 Pyeongchang K-Pop Festival

Hi everyone!!!! I'm sooooo sorry I haven't updated my blog in like.... forever. My mid-semester exams have just ended and I've been cramming half a semester's worth of work... within 2 weeks LOL. And now that midsems are over, I have a few presentations to prepare for...... lol...... My time management hasn't been the best but I'll try my best to blog everything asap lol. Anyway, it's already November and I am not ready to go back home. At all. I just wanna stay in Korea forever sighhhhhh.

Moving on... this post is about my first ever K-Pop concert in Korea - 2018 Pyeongchang K-Pop Festival, which was held on 8th September 2016 at Gocheok Sky Dome, which is like 50 minutes away from Anam. It's organised by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism as well as the Korea Tourism Organisation. It's open to foreigners only and guess what? IT'S FREEEEEEE!!!!! That was the biggest factor for me to go, because when else are you gonna get free concerts in Korea? Anyway, I found out about this concert while I was still in Australia LOL. All I had to provide was my name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of my passport number. And just like that, I got my free ticket weeeeeeee~

Anyway, the fact that it's free, there's obviously a twist. And the twist is - in order to get front tickets, you would have to queue up for your seats :) :) :) Me and my friends couldn't be bothered queueing up, so we arrived later, at like 4pm I think? We had to exchange the online ticket for an actual ticket, with your seat number. Mind you, the ticket exchange booth opened at 1pm and apparently, there were people who started queueing up early in the morning. Regardless, me and my friends still managed to get relatively good seats at the ground zone.

While waiting for admission to begin, there were a few booths that was outside the venue.
- Booth 1: You can wear a hanbok and take a picture with the backdrop of Park Bogum and Kim Yoojung from Love in the Moonlight. The line for this was sooooo damn long so I couldn't be bothered taking a photo of this. Sorry LOL.
- Booth 2: There were wax figures of G-Dragon and PSY (if I remember correctly?). Not a huge line for this so I managed to take a picture with GD's wax figure LOL.
- Booth 3: There was a Korea Tourism Organisation booth where you can get FREE STUFF LOL. Managed to grab a tote bag here
- Booth 4: There was a Pyeongchang promotion booth where it was pretty much promoting the upcoming Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Games. There was a huge line for this... Can't remember exactly what was there, but there were a lot of people here. Again, I'm not a fan of crowds so I didn't see what was there.
- Booth 5: There was a booth to collect our Descendants of the Sun poster with AUTOGRAPHSSSSS from the cast!!!!!! EEEEEEPPPP!!!!! :D

Admission into the stadium began around 5pm and I think we managed to get inside the stadium half an hour later I think? Also, the concert was supposed to start at 7pm but it officially started at 8pm sigh. I kinda expected these things to happen anyway since the concert was free. Anyway PICTURE SPAM TIME!!! Apologies in advance for the lack of high quality images btw. iPhone quality really sucks in night mode....

Location of the concert~

My ticket, my cheap lightstick (LOL) and the stage~

While waiting for the concert to start zzzzzzz

BEAST!!!!!

TWICE!!!!!!

B.A.P!!!!!!

WONDER GIRLS!!!!!! <333333

A better picture of Wonder Girls (Picture credits goes to my
friend Jay who had a reaaally good view of the stage /sobs/)

The hosts and Jin Goo!!!!! (Picture credits goes Jay, again)

Boys Republic

MONSTA X EEEEEEPPPPPPPP

The most awaited stage - SHINee!!! Onew wasn't here though
because he had an injury :(

There was also Gummy and Cosmic Girls who performed, and EXO also appeared on the tv screen. For some reason I didn't have pictures :( Anyway, after SHINee finished performing, it was already 11pm. We left the stadium to head home and oh my god........ The station looked like a scene from Train to Busan. There was like a stampede of people???? I don't even know how we managed to get on the train because the station was literally filled with people. We somehow managed to reach home in one piece by 12am. And that was a day well spent.

More (very late) updates to come!!
I'm so so sorry it's taking so long. I will try and get everything up ASAP!!! And just so you know, I have 11 blog drafts at this moment, just waiting to be typed up and published lol.

Until then~

No comments:

Post a Comment