Thursday 4 August 2016

Planning process: part two!

Hey guys!
I'll be flying off to Seoul very soon and I think I've gotten all of my admin stuff done, to the point where I can begin packing! It still feels so surreal to me that I'm actually going to Seoul very soon....

Anyway, I will be blogging about my long and ardeous process in applying for the student exchange program. I promise, this post (and the next one) won't be as long as the first one. Sooooo I finished my story off when I completed and handed my application to my university's abroad team. This was in December 2015, and the abroad team told me that it takes about six to eight weeks to get a nomination letter.

... In reality, it took 4 months for me to get it. I even went to the pre-departure session for exchange students, even before knowing that I was nominated. So anyway, the letter just pretty much outlines what I have to do, which was basically applying to the partner university directly. Also worth mentioning is that my university advised that nothing is confirmed until you receive the acceptance letter from the host university, so booking for accommodation/flights at this point is not recommended.

For Korea University, I had to provide them with the basic required documents: academic transcript (which costs me 30 freaking dollars!!!!!), personal statement, copy of a valid passport, certificate of health and health insurance. And also, you needed a GPA of at least 2.5. The personal statement is pretty much the statement of purpose, as mentioned in my first post. The certificate of health and health insurance wasn't required at the time of application so I didn't really think about it until after my acceptance.

Aside from those documents, I needed to provide them a list of my proposed units that I plan to do while at Korea University (KU). Initially I thought it was for my course registration period, but turns out it was for visa purposes, which I will mention in the last post for this planning process. Also another thing was that I had to print and sign off a form called the oath of good conduct. As the name describes, it was a form where I had to sign my life away so that I will be a good student who represents KU well.

That's it for my KU application process! It was way easier than my university's application process, and maybe this was because I've already had most of the documents prepared. I sent off my application to KU and waited for about 6 weeks until my acceptance letter arrived, which was in June 2016, just before I headed off for my holiday in Singapore.

...... And that concludes my second post for the planning process!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment